Andreas Andresen A/S was founded in Vamdrup, close to the Danish-German border, in 1916 by C. G. Søndergaard, who, in 1920, then relocated the business to Padborg immediately after reunification. In those days, haulage was still a relatively unknown concept. Andreas Andresen took over the business in 1928 and managed it until his death in 1976 aged 72, after which the business stayed in the family under his wife Luise Andresen until her death in 1992. The running of the business was then passed to the Luise Andresen Foundation.
The company originally transported livestock and agricultural machinery. This was later followed by food products and industrial goods. In Padborg, Andreas Andresen A/S occupied a small office next to the railway station with just three employees. The story goes that the place was so cramped that two of them had to move if the other needed to go out.
Andreas Andresen built a new head office on Jernbanegade in 1957 and, in 1965, the first part of the cold store called Padborg Frysehus was constructed. This cold store, which was only 1,700 m2 originally, now consists of 20,000 m2.
In 1985, Andreas Andresen A/S owned 15 vehicles and contracted 38 hired vehicles. There were around 100 personnel employed at the head office in Padborg and at the branches in Hvidovre, Rødby and Flensburg. Gradually, Andreas Andresen specialised increasingly in the transport and shipping of food products.
In 1986, Andreas Andresen took over the haulage company Junker og Co. A/S and in the 1990s, the market areas expanded to include Russia, where branches were established in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Klaipėda in Lithuania. 1992 saw the completion of a new head office. By the late 1990s, the workforce numbered around 220 employees and 65 permanent export hauliers divided between the head office and the branches in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Klaipėda in Lithuania.
In response to major changes in the structure of the transport sector in the late 1990s, Andreas Andresen purchased the transport and shipping company HST Padborg A/S on 1 January 1999. The whole Group employed about 550 employees and had a turnover of DKK 500 million. At the time, the Group had about 250 of its own trucks, 500 own trailers and considerable cold, frozen and dry cargo storage facilities and terminals as well as washing facilities at its disposal
By 2001, as part of its internationalisation strategy, Nagel-Group had succeeded in opening the door to the Scandinavian market by acquiring 47.5% of the shares in the Danish food logistics specialist. Between 2005 and 2009, further shares were acquired, such that 80% of the share capital was now bought up by Nagel-Group.
In June 2003, the company bought up Holger Pagh Sellerup ApS and established a branch in Børkop near Vejle. In October of the same year, Andreas Andresen bought 50% of the shares in KK Transport Struer. Whereas Andreas Andresen A/S was known for its international set-up, KK Transport Struer was known for its national distribution of chilled and frozen goods. These were therefore two companies that complemented each other and with the formation of the new combined company, they were able to offer a concept embracing national and international logistics solutions.
In 2004, KK Transport Struer, which as mentioned is partly owned by Andreas Andresen A/S, took over 90% of the shares in EKV Transport A/S, which was known for its large-scale activities in the national distribution of food products. This was a natural extension of KK’s large national distribution network, which complemented Andreas Andresen’s considerable international activities well. The companies could now provide a national as well as an international concept, covering all needs in the distribution of food products.
The cold storage terminal on Thorsvej was also expanded in 2004 from 8,000 m2 to 15,000 m2, and, as a natural consequence of market changes, Kraftverkehr Nagel took over 75% of the shares in Andreas Andresen A/S in 2006. In the same year, Andreas Andresen A/S took over 51% of the shares in Trans Mar A/S and was now able to offer a complete concept for the transportation of fish products.
From 2007-2008, all shares in Trans Mar A/S were acquired and, at the end of 2008, the office in Padborg was expanded to 5,000 m2, bringing Andreas Andresen A/S' management and administration under one roof. The Group now had a workforce of 1,000 employees and a turnover of DKK 1.5 billion.
With effect from 10 January 2012, Nagel-Group took over the remaining 20% of the share capital in Andreas Andresen A/S in Padborg, which until then had been owned by the Luise Andresen Foundation. Nagel-Group is therefore the sole shareholder in Andreas Andresen A/S and its associated subsidiaries. In Denmark, Andreas Andresen is seen as one of the leading logistics enterprises in the international transport of food products.
Following the latest acquisition of shares, Nagel-Group is now in a position to complete the integration of Andreas Andresen into the Nagel Group, for the purpose of further optimising and strengthening Nagel's European network.
During 2012 and 2013, the company was further integrated in Nagel-Group and, on 1 March 2013, it changed its name from Andreas Andresen A/S to Nagel Danmark A/S. In 2013, the branding was overhauled with new logos on buildings and permanent facilities. Following full integration with the parent company Nagel-Group's European distribution network, Nagel Danmark has achieved new and improved penetration on all markets.
To read more about the history of Nagel-Group, click here.
Nagel Danmark A/S
- +45 7430 7430
- +45 7430 7400
Here you will find the online booking service from Nagel Danmark. You can place bookings or check current orders via this portal.more
Our history has never been a reason for us to slow down: We are always driven to do our best and living the aspirations of our founders.more